Some food pairings are a match made in heaven. One such is pineapple and jalapenos. The fiery jalapenos are smoothly caressed by the sweetness of pineapple. A combination, I would suggest everyone should try. As grad school is spacing my time into long hours of sitting with short bursts of occasional walking, getting quality time and mood for slow paced cooking has become difficult. Past Friday was a bliss, with all the classes cancelled. And the food monster inside me sprung into putting this burger together. When you have all the key ingredients, including the leisure of clicking snaps in day light, what else would one need! 😀
Here is the recipe.
Marination time- 1 hour to overnight
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
3-4 nos. Fresh round pineapple slices
1 nos. Fresh Jalapeno
1 nos. Burger Bun
150 – 180 gm/ 3 medium sized Boneless Chicken Thigh cuts
2 tbsp Amul Cheese spread
2 tsp butter/ ghee
1 tbsp Cooking oil
Marination Spice Mix:
4 tbsp Thick Curd
2 tsp Coriander powder
1 tsp Cumin powder
1 tbsp Kasuri Methi (dried fenu greek leaves)
1 tbsp Red Chilli powder (or as required)
1.5 tsp salt (or as required)
1. Mix all the ingredients listed under marination spice mix, check for salt and spice levels and then add washed chicken pieces into it. Ensure your chicken cut is large and slim enough to snugly fit in the burger. Don’t make them too thin. Moderate thickness allows the chicken to retain juiciness as it roasts.
2. Marinate for 1 hour to overnight depending on your convenience.
3. Add 1 tbsp cooking oil on to a flat non-stick pan. (Non stick allows the chicken to roast well as it leaves oil for it brown). Once the oil is hot, add marinated chicken pieces. Flame should be high for 1 minute and then switch to lo flame. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until it gets the charred roasted texture and colour.
4. Meanwhile, put ghee/butter onto another pan and roast pineapple and jalapeno slices in slow flame till pineapple turns slightly golden color and the skin of jalapenos wilt a little.
5. Get the cooked chicken, jalapenos, pineapple on a plate and allow them to cool for a bit.
6. Now slice the burger bun into half and smother cheese spread on the insides. Microwave it for 15-20 secs to melt the cheese.
7. Layer your burger with chicken, pineapple and jalapenos. Add more cheese spread if you desire.
That’s it! Juicy and delicious burger at the comfort of your home!
- One could add tomatoes, lettuce, fried capers according to your choice.
- I would suggest thigh cuts are best for burgers as they have relatively high fat content and the density of the meat in legs is best as a burger filler.